Monday 15 November 2010

Beautifully shot and directed ad... although i'm not convinced about the brief

So there's is no doubting (in my mind anyway) that this is a beautifully shot and directed ad (plaudits to Jonathan Glazer of Sony "Paint" and Guinness "Surfer" fame) which had be fixated when I first saw it on Saturday.....


However, when I got to the end I was pretty surprised (and a little disappointed) that it was for the VW Polo, it just felt like something that you would expect from a brand with a bit more of an edge. I get the aspiration of making the Polo to appeal to a younger and cooler crowd but I wonder how realistic that is? In my mind at least the VW Polo is a car for middle England.

All that aside though, it is a great ad that I am sure that people will sit up and take notice of (even if they wouldn't consider the product).

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?